Originating from India, this ancient and holistic practice has cured many and is dependable in this age of antibiotic and quick remedies. The Ayurvedic ingredients such as aloe vera and turmeric help in Ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis, a skin inflammation disorder. Ayurvedic medicines make use of the most natural elements like plant root such as ginger. These give a special characteristic to Ayurvedic medicines unlike other medical disciplines, which might have a side effect.
Having been practised since ages, this ancient health care tradition has proven its effectiveness. This science may be conventional and as old as time itself, yet with no compromise on its efficacy. WHO found in one of its studies with Ayurvedic Trust that it was both safe and effective. The practice provides symptomatic respite from arthritis with no harmful effects. The biggest benefit of Ayurvedic treatment is that apart from curing the disease, it also maintains fundamental health. Ayurveda hospitals in Trivandrum, Kerala are known for its customized ayurvedic treatments for psoriasis diagnosing its type and causes.
Ayurveda for Psoriasis
Medical prescriptions only fancy your disease and are extravagant, when Ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis is accessible. Ayurveda believes in three types of energies, which every person has. These energies control bodily and metabolic functions as well as the growth of the body.
- Panchakarma Therapy— Panchakarma Therapy is a kind of Ayurvedic treatment which involves 5 different therapies such as Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Nasya, and Raktamokshan. It emphasizes on treating the person by consumption of medicated ghee, purging and vomiting. Further, by dripping medicated buttermilk over the forehead of a person also, he can be cured. In this practice, the body of the person is covered in a paste of medicine and mud. After all these, medicated enemas are performed on him.
- Herbal Remedies— Maximum use of herbal ingredients is peculiar to Ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis. These remedies involve extensive use of garlic, onions, jasmine flower, neem and turmeric. These elements help in reducing inflammation, purifying the blood, relieving itching, boosting immunity and reducing swelling.
- Stress Relieving Remedies— Meditation an exercise is an age-old method to cure both mental (or emotional) as well as physical stress.
Reasons and Symptoms of Psoriasis
Do not make your interpretation and analysis from seeing the symptoms like itchy skin and redness. It is always advisable to consult a professional in the field before subjecting yourself to even Ayurvedic methods. Do not confuse yourself between traditional care and Ayurvedic treatments. Seeking direction from a trained practitioner will be a wise decision.
Psoriasis causes a rapid build-up of skin cells and becomes an autoimmune condition. The skin cell creation is excessive. The most commonly identifiable symptoms of Psoriasis are following. To get an idea of whether you might be having Psoriasis or not, the following are the symptoms of the same:
- Patches of Red Inflamed Skin— If you frequently observe that there are raised red patches on the skin, which inflames, pay heed to it.
- Plaques or Scales of Whitish-silver— Typically, the growth of the skin cells take place deep under the skin. They then rise to the surface and fall off eventually. These form a whitish-silver path on the red swelling area.
- Dryness and Bleeding— People might have dry skin which develops cracks and subsequently might start bleeding.
- Soreness— After a point of time, the area around red patches might become sore. This is the progress in the stage of acquiring psoriasis.
- Itching and Burning— The urge to scratch on that affected area will be increased. There will be burning sensation as well around the patches.
- Pitted Nails— If you see your nails becoming thick and rough, then it is a symptom indicating towards psoriasis.
- Swollen Joints— You might feel your joints to be quite painful and swelling becomes troubling.
Coming to the ‘why’ aspect of this problem, even the doctors are unclear as to its cause. Yet, through research certain key factors could be:
- Immunity— WBC mistakenly attacks the skin cells, while they should be destroying bacteria and infections. Sped-up skin cells production causes new skin to form too quickly. It leaves no room for the existing skin cells. It causes crowding, which leads to swelling.
- Genetically— Certain inheritable genes are likely to transform into psoriasis. Due to immediate family member suffering from this skin condition, your risk of contracting the same is higher.
Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Psoriasis Cure
No investigation is worthwhile until it concludes. So is the case here, as knowing the remedial recourse available to the affected person, is equally crucial. Since the significance of Ayurveda is on diet and lifestyle, its cure also stresses in similar lines. Following are some remedies available:
- Food Supplements— Intake of dietary supplements helps in easing its gruelling symptoms. Fish oil, vitamin D, milk, aloe vera, Oregon grape and evening primrose oil has proven effective.
- Moisturised Skin— Prevent dryness as much as possible. You may install a humidifier if you reside in a dry area. Maintain that continuous moisture of the skin. Good for avoiding cracks and patches of broken skin.
- No to Fragrances— Avoid the usage of fragrant perfumes or soaps as it only aggravates the skin condition. You’ll have urges to itch more due to that. The skin is sensitive in that period and it is best to avoid the use of it.
- Sunlight— Expose your skin to the sun’s rays under a doctor’s supervision. It helps a lot in slowing down the growth rate of skin cells.
- Alcohol and Smoke Aversion— Avoid alcohol dose as much as possible, for it only increases the risk of contracting psoriasis much more easily. Smoking makes the symptomatic skin condition even worse.
- Turmeric— It is a commonly used ingredient for most of the diseases. It minimizes the flaring-up and bumps on the skin. It can be consumed in pill form. It can also be directly applied in paste form over the affected region.
Home remedies for Psoriasis
It is convenient to know the tricks yourself than to go for expensive antibiotic medicines for treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis is such that it can be availed through home remedies as well.
- Sunlight Exposure— Getting a bit tanned isn’t as bad as contracting psoriasis! It improves the appearance of skin when exposed in small intervals.
- Omega-3 Fats— Fish and fish oil supplements contain Omega-3 which is of great help.
- Curcumin— It’s an active ingredient in turmeric spice, which lessens inflammation. Study shows that it has great potential to treat psoriasis.
- Oregon Grape— This herbal remedy helps in getting a calming response.
- Aloe vera— It works as a great ointment for skin problems.
In conclusion, it can be said that Ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis has been proven more than successful. With constancy through time and great results, it has been widely accepted across the globe. Go for Ayurveda and get rid of your skin problem!