If you or anyone you know has followed a restrictive diet to lose weight, you should be aware of how unpleasant, difficult, and ineffective they are. Excluding important food groups from your diet or starving yourself by limiting calorie intake drastically is hazardous to health. These fad diets that promise to shed pounds fast may work as a quick fix, but they are nowhere near sustainable. You will quickly regain the lost weight once you are off the diet, and you might even gain extra weight in the long run.
Why keep yourself from enjoying your favorite delicious foods when you can lose weight without dieting? Forget about intermittent fasting, strictly protein, Keto, Vegan, detox fluids, and any other kind of diet you have ever heard of. Focus on eating and living healthy if you want to lose weight, whilst feeling happy and full of life. The pounds you get rid of the right and natural way, do not return like haunting memories.
- Start your day with a satisfying breakfast- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, thus do not make a habit of skipping it. Eating a wholesome breakfast every morning stimulates the mind, energizes the body, improves metabolism, and aids in digestion. Many people assume that keeping their stomach empty during the first quarter of the day will help them lose weight, which is in fact a ridiculous theory. In reality, starving the body at the start of the day compels us to overeat the rest of the day. Not to mention, people who skip breakfast look pale and feel lethargic most of the time.
- Shop for healthier foodstuff – Losing weight might not be in the cards if you continuously surround yourself with junk food. If you fill your cart with processed foods and sweet treats every time you go grocery shopping, how will you ever motivate yourself to lose weight? For starters, aim to eat fresh and organic produce instead of canned, frozen, and all other types of preserved foods. Processed foods are particularly rich in saturated fats, sodium, and sugar, which are a recipe for obesity and many other health problems. Opt for raw ingredients that can be used to cook a wholesome meal at home, rather than living on ready-made/fast food.
- Combat cravings with filling foods – If you experience intense cravings between meals, stock up some healthy and satisfying snacks to deal with the unruly hunger. A packet of deep fried crisps, a dozen cookies, or a humongous bar of chocolate may sound tempting, though they are an awful solution. These foods are loaded with calories, yet they are hardly satiating. You do obtain a quick dose of energy at the time, but the cravings return shortly. You end up eating more junk and get fatter by the minute. If you eat something rich in protein and/or fibre instead, you can stave off the abnormal appetite for much longer. A bowl of fruit, oatmeal, and greek yourt is one nutitious example.
- Avoid untimely snacking- If you want to lose weight fast, simply quit untimely snacking. Stick to the 3 main meals of the day, and refuse from eating anything in-between. Allow your body to burn some fat during the intervals. Consume a balanced diet and have your meals on time. Fuel up with an early rich breakfast and be done with dinner by 8 in the evening.
- Control your Portions – You don’t have to give up on your favorite foods if you can manage to control your portions. If you previously ate four slices of pizza, make that two. Don’t shy away from the desserts, but refrain from returning for second helpings. Enjoy a glass of wine rather than drinking from the bottle. Exercising a bit of control makes a big difference, and you won’t be missing out on anything.
- Drink more water/cut down liquid calories- Sometimes, thirst is misunderstood as hunger, so we irrationally consume a substantial amount of unwanted calories. When you experience a food craving for no reason at all, douse it with a tall glass of plain water. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day (with at least 2-3 liters of water) to feel full and fresh. Minimize consumption of flavored and alcohol drinks, as those are full of superfluous calories.
- Eat Slowly and Mindfully – Most of us overeat because we lack mindfulness. Our mind is someplace else while we eat, which is why we don’t notice its quality and quantity. If you turly take in the aroma, chew every morsel, and taste every bite, every meal shall be a whole new enlightening experience.
- Consume a balanced diet – Do not leave out any important food group in your daily meals, including carbohydrates and fats. Restrictive diets can lead to malnutrition and mineral deficiencies, which are seriously harmful for the body. A balanced diet will help you lose weight in a sustainable manner.
- Eliminate Stress – Tension and anxiety often encourages a person to eat more than normal and it also deteriorates our metabolism. It is important to be happy, get enough sleep, and eat well to prevent depression. Don’t let a job, person, relationship, or estate planning be stressful. There are many exercises to deal with mental and physical stress, such as yoga and meditation.
- Find a Workout Routine that clicks – If the gym is not your speed or scene, you can go for many other forms of workout methods to lose weight and stay fit. You can try cardio and other free and exercises at home, go running/jogging, join a dance class, or take up a sport. Find a workout routine that invigorates your body and mind.
John Adams is a lifestyle blogger who concentrates on health, fitness, and self-development. He encourages readers to fight their fears and overcome obstacles holding them back. He believes that every person can improve the quality of his/her life by thinking positive and making better choices. He loves to share his insight on life experiences, and contributes on various online platforms in the same niche.