Gum disease and tooth decay can occur in your mouth because of bacteria which feed on sugary foods or the starchy foods that you eat. Your diet plays a major role in keeping your teeth healthy. If you think that your teeth will stay healthy forever only by regularly flossing and brushing then you are not 100 % right. In order to keep your gums and teeth healthy you also have to eat various foods that are rich in nutrients. The foods can be whole grains, foods rich in calcium, foods rich in protein, vegetables and fruits. Here are some dentist approved foods that clean your teeth naturally.
- Carrots – It will be good for the teeth as well as for the vision if you eat carrots. For building up enamel you will get a lot of help from carrots as these are rich in vitamin A. In order to clean the teeth you need to chew carrots that are present in raw form. Your mouth will get cleaned up with the saliva produced by eating carrots.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a very nutritious vegetable. For protecting your tooth enamel a film will be produced over it because of the iron present in broccoli. So, eat broccoli to keep a healthy smile. Your teeth will remain clean if you eat vegetables and fruits of different types.
- Onions – If you want your teeth to stay clean then eat onions. The tooth decay occurs because of bacteria. For removing these bacteria eat onions because in onions the compounds of Sulphur are present. But this can happen by eating raw onions.
- Pineapples – Pineapples are very good for cleaning teeth. For whitening the teeth, you can get a lot of help by eating pineapples. In order to remove the tooth stains naturally, an enzyme is present in the pineapples.
- Dairy products of various types – There are lots of benefits of dairy products. Your teeth can become strong because of calcium that is present in high amounts in yogurt, milk and cheese. For reducing acids in the mouth, you can get a lot of help from cheese. Your teeth can get repaired with the calcium present in cheese. For removing the tooth plaque, eat a tooth cleaner known as sesame seeds.
- Tea – Your teeth can get various benefits by drinking tea. Various gum diseases, cavities and plaque can be reduced by drinking green tea. Your teeth will become strong with the fluoride present in it. Herbal teas that are infused are very good for rinsing the teeth. Your mouth plaque can become loose and bad breath can be avoided if you will drink tea of different types. For getting a fresh breath, drinking tea can help you a lot.
- Fatty fish and meats – Saliva will be produced in your mouth if you chew meat. A lot of nutrients that are important are present in the meat. Tooth decay occurs because of food particles that stick to the teeth. For washing these particles away and decreasing the mouth’s acidity saliva will play an important role. There are lots of benefits of organ meats and red meat. Your tooth enamel will remain protected if you consume an important mineral known as phosphorus and it is present in large amounts in tofu and salmon (fatty fish).
- Nuts – For your oral health, nuts are very good. Phosphorus and calcium are present in large amounts in nuts. For fighting tooth decay causing bacteria, eat cashews, Brazil nuts, and almonds. In order to keep your gums and teeth healthy you need to eat calcium that is present in good amounts in almonds. Vitamin D is also present in great amounts in nuts. Zinc, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin E, niacin, iron, magnesium, thiamine, iron, folic acid and fiber are present in walnuts. For stimulating saliva, eat cashews.
- Raisins and cranberries – Polyphenols are present in good amounts in cranberries. For preventing the formation of plaque, eat cranberries that are fresh. Tooth decay can be avoided if you eat raisins.
- Kiwis – A lot of vitamin C is present in Kiwis. The body’s immunity gets boosted by eating vitamin C which helps in fighting tooth decay.
So, Dental veneers are a beautiful way to get back your natural looking smiles. If a dentist recommends you to use veneers, then visit Chennai. The dental veneers cost in Chennai is reasonable and an average person can afford it.