Most people would like to raise the level of their metabolism, in fact, almost everyone knows that this will increase the consumption of calories even when we are at rest.Without optimal metabolism the body will deposit the excess calories as fat for future use. The problem is that many people do not ever use these excess calories and this will lead to weight gain.
There are many factors that influence the metabolism of a person’s age, weight, hormonal changes, muscle mass, diet, genetic factors, stress and the amount of physical activity daily.
As you can see boosting your metabolism involves many factors, but do not worry too much because it is relatively easy to increase your metabolism if you want.
Here are 11 tips to help you boost your metabolism:
- Increase your lean body mass. With increasing age, metabolism changes together, therefore, the ability to burn calories. One way to overcome this problem is by exercising. Muscle burns calories and thus burn more calories than you have, even while resting. You can build muscle through resistance exercises or weight training at least twice a week. You can also increase your metabolism by doing cardio exercises. You can do cardio along with or instead of working with weights. However just take a walk or use the stairs instead of the lift to do aerobic exercises.
- Eat breakfast. Many people forget it. What I do not remember is that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast gives a nice boost in metabolism and provides a consistent energy supply throughout the day. Most people who eat a healthy breakfast have fewer weight and health issues than those who do not eat breakfast.
- The white sugar is bad! refined white sugar (see article: White sugar vs. cane sugar) as that found in sweets and soft drinks overload the body with sugar causing many serious health problems, including obesity and diabetes. Complex carbohydrates are a better source of energy and avoid sudden changes in blood glucose levels are harmful to the body. The human body was not built to deal with the amount of sugar that most people get with your diet.
- Eat spicy foods. The spicy foods that make you sweat can help boost your metabolism.
- Sleep well at night. There is research that shows that people who do not get sufficient sleep tend to gain weight.
- Drink more water. water is the lubricant of the body. He also wears away the toxins and therefore free, allowing more time for the liver to metabolize fat reserves. Even drinking cold water increases your metabolism because it “forces” the stomach to bring it to warm to body temperature, in fact burning calories.
- Eat small meals. eat 5-6 small meals a day prevents hunger pangs, allowing the body to always have fresh energy and keeps active by doing so the digestive system to consume calories.
- Do not skip meals. Skipping meals to lose weight is counterproductive because, in reality, it decreases the metabolism and can also lead to eating more meals in the other.
- Plan your meals. If you can get a weekly menu is easier to reach your goal.
- Drink green tea. It ‘been shown that increases your metabolism without straining the body as does the caffeine.
- Increase intake of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. This will provide a balanced energy resource, avoiding sudden changes in blood glucose.
You can increase your metabolism if you are dedicated. Still not getting stressed though!